Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tumble Books - A Fantastic Online Resource

Hi guys, this was mentioned at an ICT course I went on a while ago and I felt it worth sharing. Tumble Books is a great website where you can find a range of books (with activities to accompany them online) at different levels. You can select a book and it will read it aloud while showing some animations/pictures to go with the story and some of the texts even highlight the words that are being read aloud. Worth a look . .
Here's what to do (this is how to get into the site the 'free' way)
1) Google Tumble Books
2) Scroll down until you get to the site that says 'Login to Tumble Books' - click
3) Click on 'click here' (this will take you to the Tumble Books site)
4) Use the search up the top to find what you are looking for
5) Select a book and click 'view online'

A fantastic resource - Good luck hope you find some use for it.
Michelle :-)


3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this Michelle - what a great resource ! I've just enjoyed Ace Lacewing: Bad Bugs Are My Business...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a fantastic resource, and the kids love it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for leading me to Tumble Books. I have heard about this site before, but never quite got to have a look. It is a fantastic site, and is just amazing for using on my Smart Board. I love reading aloud to the class, but to have someone else read, and to have the animated illustrations is such a good alternative - adds to the variety of the reading /language programme. The kids just love it too. For those that don't have interactive white-boards, a white screen and a projector will work just fine. Also great as a headphone activity for a smallish reading group - link the head phones to a laptop (using a head-phone splitter) - and voila - the children will not want to go to the next task board activity :-)

    Tumble Books is definitely on my favourites, and has been linked to my "e-book page" in my Smart Board folder. Go and have a look at Tumble Books, and you will be smitten :-)

    posted on behalf of Nancy - Waipu Primary School

    ReplyDelete